Saturday, November 6, 2010

Irredeemable 19 review

What you need to know: Even as the living members of the Paradigm fail to stop the Plutonian's rampage, salvation may be found in fallen comrades... and from a place none of them expected

What you'll love

The Art: At this point raving over Peter Krause's art has become tedious but I'll do it anyway. Krause illustrates Waid's world perfectly. He captures action scenes as well or better than anyone in comics.

The Plutonian: From the moment I heard that Waid was doing this book, I never expect too much depth from the main character. Early on I was right. Lately though, Waid has made the Plutonian into a three dimensional character. In this issue, he takes a beating and feels fear for the first time I can remember.

Alliens: I'm not much of a sci-fi guy and most of the times, the insertion of aliens into a story is a cop out, used by writers that have run out of ideas. That's not the case here, the aliens serve as the devil collecting on a deal that was made long ago.

Weaponized teleportation: It would have been easy for Waid to make the Alien race stronger than the Plutonian, instead they use their brains and superior technology. Plus weaponized teleportation is cool to say.

Unpredictable: I'm pretty good at suspending disbelief but most of the time anyone can see where things are going in a given story. Irredeemable keeps me on the edge of my seat because I never know what's going to happen when I turn the page.

What you won't

Nothing:
Read it damn it.


The Bottom Line: This is one of the best books on the shelves. I'm not sure why more people aren't reading it.

Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment