Thursday, August 15, 2013

RG3 Uses Local Man's Pool to rehab.







Full disclaimer I'm a cowboys fan. So simply ignore the fact that the Redskins didn't prepare an adequate enough facility in Richmond,Va(my home town) to allow their Qb to properly rehab.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way. This is the heartwarming tale of a superstar quarterback reaching out to the community and the community embracing him right back.

Out of the blue Leesburg native, Lee Kestler receiver an email from RG3 himself. “I got an email from Colin at HydroWorx, and it says Robert Griffin III – please call me,” Lee Kestler told Gregg Mace from ABC 27 in Harrisburg. “And I showed it to my friends at the table, and I said ‘Look at this spam e-mail that I just got about Robert Griffin.’ I said, ‘I can’t believe I’m getting this, I’ll deal with it when I get back.

“Robert had started doing some training at  Dr. Andrews,” Kestler went on. “They were going to put some pools in at Redskins Park. They’re trying to train in pools, now, that are public pools – Landsdowne Resort is an example – but he’s continually getting mobbed by people. And he loves the fans, but they also need to be able to focus. And because you have a pool and you’re the closest one to Redskins Park, and we’d like to keep Robert local, would you be interested in allowing Larry Hess and Robert to come to the house and train in the pool? And I said, ‘Well, I’ll think about it.’”

And of course Kestler allowed Griffin to use his pool like any good fan would. One more reason why I can't wait for the season to start: I'm seek of these off the field RG3 updates, ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment