Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ray Lewis set to retire at the end of the season. (VIDEO)




According to numerous sources Ray Lewis is set to retire at the end of the season. Lewis is regarded by many as the greatest middle line backer of all time. Not by me Ray Lewis hasn't been Ray Lewis in years and though it's sad to see an all time great go but it's the nature of the beast.

 Lewis probably won't be straying far from the public eye though. If ESPN doesn't snatch him up, another network will. Lewis is a perfect fit for the pregame studio show format. Lewis probably won't turn down any motivational speaking engagements either. Regardless of how you feel about Ray Ray, the man was a beast and a microcosm of everything a football player should be.

God is calling,'' the 37-year-old Lewis said. ''My children have made the ultimate sacrifice for their father for 17 years. I don't want to see them do that no more. I've done what I wanted to do in this business, and now it's my turn to give them something back.''
The dreaded, I'm going to spend more time with my family excuse. I don't doubt Lewis' love for his family but I doubt he'd be retiring if he was able to still dominated on the field. 

''It's either hold onto the game and keep playing and let my kids miss out on times we can be spending together,'' Lewis said. ''Because I always promised my son if he got a full ride on scholarship Daddy is going to be there. I can't miss that.''

Ray's Madden intro speech seems almost prophetic now.





No comments:

Post a Comment